|These are certainly unprecedented times and has affected us all. Day to day operation of Paddington Green is affected like everything else. This is an update and a reminder of certain issues and items that you need to be aware of.COVID-19 as it effects Paddington Green:
- AGM - Traditionally we have held our annual general meeting in May. This year it is being postponed until the physical separation rules are lifted, the audited Financial Statements are finalized and the venue can be booked. We hope that this will be sooner rather than later.
- Radon Test Kits - As those of you on the main floor are aware, we have been conducting a radon test. This was to be for a duration of 90 days (March 30). Because the lab that tests these units is not accepting radon test kits at this time, we have been instructed to extend the test until the lab starts accepting them again. Thank you for your understanding.
We have made good progress getting the complex into better and safer condition. We had extensive plumbing work completed that replaced old and vulnerable water lines in the crawlspaces. At the same time, we had 2 back flow valves installed that were mandated by the City of Winnipeg. While the plumbers were here we took the opportunity to install isolation valves to allow us to turn off the water to each of the 6 buildings separately. Now, if we need to replace a hot water tank in #138, we can turn the water off in #138 only. This allows us to deal with these types of issues with minimal interruption to our residents.
- Physical Distancing - Please keep practicing the 6-foot separation rule as you meet others in the buildings or on the grounds. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Take care and stay safe.
Change is everywhere. As at February 18, 2020 our new Property Manager is Kimberly Holowczak. Landlords please ensure that your tenant is notified of the following and that they communicate thru you.
To report maintenance concerns in the common areas of the complex, including malfunctioning washers & dryers or address parking issues please email email@example.com. Reported concerns/issues need to be specific.On the subject of parking please pay attention and park BETWEEN the lines. In addition, it has been brought to our attention that some residents are parking in visitor parking and some visitors are parking in assigned parking stalls. This is not allowed. Visitor parking is only for visitors and contractors. Please let your visitor and contractor know where they can and cannot park.
The use of the Laundry room and machines still remains a source of aggravation for many and are costly. Please take notice of the following:
- The posted hours of operation need to be adhered to.
- Some people continue to overload the machines causing premature wear on them. I assure you that when you overload the washers that your laundry is NOT getting clean. There must be room for the water to get to the laundry.
- There are very few proper size loads that require more than 45 minutes drying time. Please set the timer on your stove so you can remove your loads in a timely manner. If you do not remove it in a timely fashion expect it to be removed for you. If you don’t leave a laundry basket your laundry will be put on the shelf.
- Clean the lint basket when done and close the dryer door.
- As always: PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS!
Your Board of Directors